Coachella Valley Leaders To Partner With Clinton Health Initiative Staff
On Thursday, Coachella Valley leaders will meet with representatives of the Clinton Health Matters Initiative to discuss strategies for improving health in the region, HealthyCal reports (Potter, HealthyCal, 12/5).
CHMI -- launched by the William J. Clinton Foundation -- will seek to reduce health disparities related to:
- Income levels; and
In addition, it will aim to reduce preventable diseases.
The initiative will operate in different regions across the U.S.
Several corporate partners in various regions -- including General Electric, Tenet Healthcare and Verizon -- will launch or extend wellness-related programs, such as:
- Farmers' markets;
- No-cost exercise classes;
- Smoking cessation programs; and
- Walking groups (California Healthline, 11/14).
Details of Coachella Valley Meeting
The meeting on Thursday will be attended by:
- CHMI staff;
- Local health care advocates; and
- Community representatives from schools, not-for-profits and businesses.