Health Care Challenges Hit Stanislaus County Residents
A series of reports examines health care issues facing residents in the Stanislaus County region. Topics include access to care, discussion on how to address the growing number of uninsured and difficulties individuals face with treating chronic conditions. Headlines and links to each segment appear below. The California HealthCare Foundation's Center for Health Reporting contributed to this series. CHCF publishes California Healthline.
- "Special Report: Health Care at Crisis Status for Many in Stanislaus County" (Wiener/Carlson, Modesto Bee, 2/21).
- "Healthy Outlook? Doctors, Officials Seek New Solutions" (Wiener/Carlson, Modesto Bee, 2/22).
- "Unemployed and Uninsured: Learning Which Illness To Fight" (Carlson, Modesto Bee, 2/21).
- "Hughson Woman Feels Effects of Health Care Cuts to Indigent" (Carlson, Modesto Bee, 2/20).
- "Doctor: Looking for Nontraditional Ways To Treat Uninsured" (Carlson, Modesto Bee, 2/20).
- "Twenty-Somethings: In a State of Insurance 'Limbo'" (Wiener, Modesto Bee, 2/20).
- "Nurse: More Middle-Class Patients Accessing System" (Wiener, Modesto Bee, 2/20).
- "Doctors' Unique System Has Speedy Care, Safety Net" (Wiener, Sacramento Bee, 2/20).