The California State Auditor on Tuesday is slated to release a report 10 months in the making that will analyze the efficacy of the Medi-Cal managed care program. Medi-Cal is California’s Medicaid program.
The report is billed as offering an independent assessment of a number of aspects of the Medi-Cal managed care program, including:
- Accuracy of provider directories;
- Adequacy of provider networks;
- Appropriateness of the regulatory oversight structure for the Department of Managed Health Care and the Department of Health Care Services, which oversee Medi-Cal managed care;
- Sufficiency of those departments’ policies, staffing and procedures to ensure accurate provider directories and adequate provider networks; and
- Determination of managed care plans’ verification of provider network data to those two departments.
To reach its conclusions, the state auditor looked at Medi-Cal managed care plans in three counties to see how they meet requirements for adequate access to providers and accuracy of directories.
Some elements may be removed from this article due to republishing restrictions. If you have questions about available photos or other content, please contact email@example.com.