In a California Healthline Special Report by Rachel Dornhelm, experts discussed how the re-election of President Obama and the passage of California’s Proposition 30 will affect the state’s health care system.
Many officials and advocates said that 2013 will be a crucial year for health care policy as the nation moves toward full implementation of the Affordable Care Act.
The Special Report includes comments from:
- Alex Briscoe, director of the Alameda County Health Care Services Agency;
- Vanessa Cajina, a legislative advocate at the Western Center on Law and Poverty;
- State Controller John Chiang (D);
- Joe Lee, Community HealthCorps program coordinator at LifeLong Medical Care; and
- William Walker, director and health officer for Contra Costa Health Services (Dornhelm, California Healthline, 10/10).
The complete transcript of this Special Report is available as a PDF.