In a California Healthline report by Deirdre Kennedy, experts discussed new approaches to mental health issues in the wake of the Isla Vista shooting incident — from a recent legislative proposal targeted at offenders to local efforts to better coordinate care for the mentally ill.
The report includes comments from:
- Ratan Bhavnani, executive director of the National Alliance on Mental Illness in Ventura County;
- Linda Boyd, a program manager of the Los Angeles County Department of Mental Health;
- Sen. Hannah-Beth Jackson (D-Santa Barbara);
- Kathleen Piché, spokesperson for the Los Angeles County Department of Mental Health; and
- Senate President Pro Tempore Darrell Steinberg (D-Sacramento) (Kennedy, California Healthline, 6/11/14).
You can download a PDF of this report.