Report: 10 California Cities Among Top 100 Best Places for Nurses
ValuePenguin, a financial research firm, used U.S. Census data to compare nurses' median salary, cost of living and relative percentage of the labor force in 377 cities. Cities were ranked based on the relationship between the average cost of living and salary (Hofherr, Boston Globe, 10/22).
Overall, 10 California cities made the top 100 in the country, including:
- Redding, which ranked first;
- Hanford, which ranked third;
- Chico, which ranked sixth;
- Napa, which ranked 11th;
- Modesto, which ranked 44th;
- Oakland, which ranked 45th;
- Santa Rosa, which ranked 64th;
- Sacramento, which ranked 75th;
- Vallejo, which ranked 90th; and
- Stockton, which ranked 97th (Pentis, ValuePenguin report, October 2015).