AAHP: Kaiser Head Elected As Chairman
The American Association of Health Plans yesterday elected Dr. Phil Nudelman, chair and president of Kaiser/Group Health, as the group's next board chair. For the next two years, Nudelman will guide the managed care industry trade group, and he plans to urge health plans to further patient rights and participation in managed care. "It is time to stand up and tell the story of health plans, the excellent job we do for the American people and that we stand for and support only quality health plans and only quality health care." Alan Hoops, President and CEO of PacifiCare Health Systems, will serve as Chair-Elect for two years before assuming the head post in 2000.
AAHP also selected six new members for its 45-member board:
- Gary Gannaway, President & CEO, First Choice Health Network, Inc.
- Kate Jennison Goonan, Vice President, Medical Affairs/CMO, Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts.
- Michael Henry, President & CEO, CAPP CARE Inc.
- Howard Hughes, Senior Vice President, Penn State Geisinger Health Plan.
- Bernard Tyson, President, Central East Division, Kaiser Foundation Health Plan, Inc.
- Robert Sheehy, Chief Operating Officer, United HealthCare Corp. (AAHP release, 6/14).