Alameda County Task Force Pushes Health Care Access
An appointed task force on Tuesday called for improvements to Alameda County's health care system and urged government officials, schools, businesses and not-for-profit groups to help improve access to health care services, the San Francisco Chronicle reports.
Oakland Mayor Ron Dellums appointed the task force members.
The task force recommended:
- Creating a special health coordinator position in the Oakland mayor's office to oversee the creation of new health services;
- Establishing a healthy community bill of rights and a regional focus group to review health issues in the community;
- Launching an educational marketing campaign to encourage healthy living;
- Creating a list of available health services and identifying any gaps in access; and
- Encouraging residents to pursue careers in the health field.