Blue Shield Foundation Awards $10.7M in Q1 2013 Grant Funding
On Tuesday, the Blue Shield of California Foundation announced that it will provide $10.7 million in grants this quarter to support health care initiatives across the state, the San Francisco Business Times reports.
During the first quarter of 2013, the foundation will provide:
- More than $8.3 million to support community health centers and not-for-profits; and
- $2.3 million to support programs that seek to reduce domestic violence.
Grants To Help Boost Enrollment in Health Programs
Foundation officials said that several grants will be awarded to public agencies to boost efforts to enroll more residents in:
- Covered California, the state's health insurance exchange;
- Medi-Cal, California's Medicaid program; and
- Other low-income health programs (Rauber, San Francisco Business Times, 3/26).
Public agencies that will receive the funding include the:
- Monterey County Health Department;
- San Francisco Department of Public Health;
- Santa Clara Valley Health and Hospital System; and
- Santa Cruz County Health Service Agency (Blue Shield of California Foundation release, 3/25).