Broadcast Programs Evaluate Governor’s Health Proposal
KCET's "Life & Times" on Friday included an interview with Richard Brown, director of the Center for Health Policy at UCLA, about Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger's (R) health care reform proposal. Brown discussed aspects of the governor's plan, including:
- Individual mandates for health coverage;
- Health benefits for children of undocumented immigrants; and
- Fees for businesses that do not provide health insurance to workers.
A transcript and audio of the segment are available online.
KPBS' "KPBS News" on Monday reported on reaction to the governor's proposal among small businesses, hospitals and health insurers. The segment includes comments from:
- Mike Pasulka, owner of a restaurant in Clairemont Mesa, Ca.;
- Ted Mazer, a member of the board of the California Medical Association;
- Sandra Shewry, director of the Department of Health Services; and
- Chris Ohman, president of the California Association of Health Plans (Goldberg, "KPBS News," KPBS, 2/12).