California HealthCare Foundation, La Opinion Release Spanish-Language Nursing Home Guide
The California HealthCare Foundation and La Opinion, the largest Spanish-language daily newspaper in the nation, yesterday released "Entre el hogar y el hospital," a guide that provides information on California nursing homes in Spanish. CHCF and La Opinion developed the guide to help families select a nursing home and explore alternative care options and to provide them with comprehensive, "consumer-friendly" information and resources. The guide includes:
- Information on new Web sites that rate the quality of nursing homes such as the California Nursing Home Search at www.calnhs.org and Nursing Home Compare at www.medicare.gov;
- An "easy-to-use" nursing home "checklist";
- Information on alternatives to nursing home care;
- Information on federal and state health insurance programs, such as Medicare and Medi-Cal; and
- A list of additional community resources.