California Healthline Highlights Medicare Drug Benefit News Coverage
Several newspapers recently published articles related to Medicare. Headlines appear below.
- "Seniors Express Medicare Confusion" (AP/Asbury Park Press 11/28).
- "Seniors Wade Into Thicket of New Medicare Drug Benefits" (Hallenbeck, Burlington Free Press 11/27).
- "Millions Face a Deadline for Choosing a New Medicare Plan" (Freudenheim, New York Times, 11/24).
- "Which Plan? The Answers Are Out There" (Kolata, New York Times, 11/24).
- "If You're Confused About Medicare Part D, Join the Club" (Aragone, Oakland Tribune, 11/25).
"Another Look at Medicare Part D Drug Program" (Reed, St. Petersburg Times, 11/29).
- "Medicare Drug Plans Offer Wide Range of Variations" (Appleby, USA Today, 11/25).
- "Hot Topic: Medicare Makes Room for Medicine Chest" (Wall Street Journal, 11/26).
C-SPAN's "Washington Journal" on Tuesday included an interview with Leslie Norwalk, deputy administrator of CMS, about how enrollment in the new Medicare prescription drug benefit is progressing and the agency's efforts to address beneficiaries' confusion ("Washington Journal," C-SPAN, 11/29). The complete segment will be available online in RealPlayer and Windows Media after the broadcast.
In addition, KPCC's "AirTalk" on Monday included an interview with CMS Regional Administrator Jeff Flick and Bill Vaughn, a policy analyst at Consumers Union, about the new Medicare prescription drug benefit (Mantle, "AirTalk," KPCC, 11/28). The complete segment is available online in RealPlayer.