California Healthline Highlights Recent Appointments
Senate President Pro Tempore Don Perata (D-Oakland) earlier this month appointed Sophia Chang (D) of San Francisco to the Managed Risk Medical Insurance Board, which administers:
- Access for Infants and Mothers;
- Healthy Families; and
- Major Risk Medical Insurance Board.
Perata also appointed three members to the California Healthcare Workforce Policy Commission:
- Victoria Bermudez (D) of Carmichael, a regulatory policy specialist for the California Nurses Association;
- Virginia Townsend (R) of Downey, an administrator at El Camino College; and
- Bonnie Wheatley (D) of Oakland, a program administrator for the Breast Cancer Early Detection Program at Alameda County Medical Center (Perata release, 9/13).