California Healthline Rounds Up Medicare Broadcast Media Coverage
The following broadcast programs reported on the Medicare legislation:
- ABCNews' "This Week": ABCNews' George Stephanopoulos interviews Sens. John Breaux (D-La.) and Trent Lott (R-Miss.) about the legislation (Stephanopoulos, "This Week," ABCNews, 11/30). A video excerpt of the segment is available online in RealPlayer.
- NBC's "Nightly News": The segment includes comments from Breaux and political commentator Stuart Rothenberg (Johns, "Nightly News," NBC, 11/30). The full segment is available online in Windows Media.
- NPR's "Morning Edition": NPR's Bob Edwards interviews U.S. Surgeon General Richard Carmona about several health care issues, including the Medicare legislation (Edwards, "Morning Edition," NPR, 11/27). The full segment is available online in RealPlayer.
- NPR's "Weekend Edition Saturday": NPR's Scott Simon interviews Robert Blendon, a health policy and political analysis professor at Harvard University's School of Public Health and John F. Kennedy School of Government (Simon, "Weekend Edition Saturday," NPR, 11/29). The full segment is available online in RealPlayer.
- WAMU's "Diane Rehm Show": Charlie Cook, editor and publisher of the Cook Political Report; Tom Mann, senior fellow at the Brookings Institution; and Norm Ornstein, resident scholar at the American Enterprise Institute discussed the legislation in the first hour of the program (Rehm, "Diane Rehm Show," WAMU, 11/26). The full segment is available online in RealPlayer.