California Hospitals Rank Nationally
Twelve California hospitals on Monday were named to the Leapfrog Group's list of the top 50 hospitals and the top nine children's hospitals in the nation, the San Francisco Business Times reports.
Adult acute care facilities in California on the list are:
- California Pacific Medical Center in San Francisco;
- Cedars-Sinai Medical Center in Los Angeles;
- Kaiser Permanente San Diego Medical Center;
- St. Joseph Hospital in Orange County;
- Sutter Memorial Hospital in Sacramento;
- University of California-Davis Medical Center;
- UC Irvine Medical Center; and
- UC-San Francisco Medical Center.
- Children's Hospital Los Angeles;
- Children's Hospital of Orange.
- Lucile Packard Children's Hospital at Stanford; and
- Miller Children's Hospital in Long Beach.
- Implementing computerized physician order entry;
- Staffing ICUs by intensivists;
- Using proper procedures for treating high-risk neonatal conditions; and
- Adhering to 27 other recommended quality and safety protocols.