California Rep. Woolsey Lays Out Stance on Health Care Reform
Members of the House Progressive Caucus would not support health care reform legislation unless it includes a government-run public health plan, Rep. Lynn Woolsey (D-Calif.) said in an appearance on KQED's "Forum."
Woolsey is a co-chair of the House Progressive Caucus.
She also voiced support for an amendment by Rep. Dennis Kucinich (D-Ohio) that would permit states to adopt single-payer health care systems, negotiations with the Obama administration and whether Medicare reimbursement rates are adequate (Krasny, "Forum," KQED, 8/26).
California Officials Weigh In
Links to coverage of other California elected leaders' positions on health care reform efforts appear below.
- Sen. Barbara Boxer (D): "Boxer: Dems Must Counter GOP Shouting With Facts on Health Reform" (Richman, Oakland Tribune, 8/25).
- Rep. Anna Eshoo (D): "Eshoo Addresses Health Care Questions at Town Hall" (Kersjes, Santa Cruz Sentinel, 8/26).
- Rep. Barbara Lee (D): "Rep. Lee Answers Health Care Questions" (Richman, Oakland Tribune, 8/26).
- Rep. Dan Lundgren (R): "Big Crowd Sounds Off at Lundgren Health Care Forum" (Calvan, Sacramento Bee, 8/27).
- Rep. Gary Miller (R): "Worried O.C. Residents pack Miller's Health Care Town Hall" (Terrell, "Total Buzz," Orange County Register, 8/25).
- Rep. George Miller (D): "Rep. George Miller Hopeful About Health Care Bill's Chances" (Vorderbrueggen, Contra Costa Times, 8/25).