Californians Concerned About Health Care Costs, New Survey Finds
Californians are concerned about increasing health care costs, according to a survey from the California HealthCare Foundation, HealthyCal reports. CHCF publishes California Healthline.
However, only about 25% of respondents said they have sought pricing information before obtaining care and almost 50% said theyÂ did not know the cost of their health insurance deductible, the survey found.
Additional Survey Findings
The survey also found that:
- Most respondents said their health insurance premium rates have not changed substantially and that their benefits have remained stable (HealthyCal, 3/21);
- Nearly 75% of respondents said they expect their health costsÂ to increase in the future;
- Almost 40% of respondents who reported that their health care costs have risen said they expect their benefits to worsen rather than improve (CHCF survey, March 2012);
- Slightly more than 33% of respondents reported delaying care in the previous year because of costs; and
- 25% of respondents said they delayed getting a regular physical because of costs (HealthyCal, 3/21).