County Health Clinics Receive Grants
Five Sonoma County community health clinics will receive grants totaling more than $1 million, the Treasurer's Office announced, the Santa Rosa Press Democrat reports.
The grants will be used to expand and renovate the clinics, purchase medical equipment and upgrade technologies. Lawmakers approved the community clinic grant program in 2005.
The grant recipients are:
- Southwest Community Health Center in Santa Rosa;
- Alliance Medical Center in Healdsburg;
- West County Health Centers in Guerneville;
- Sonoma Valley Community Health Center in Sonoma; and
- Petaluma Health Center in Petaluma.
Statewide, 146 clinics received grants (Benfell, Santa Rosa Press Democrat, 6/1). This is part of the California Healthline Daily Edition, a summary of health policy coverage from major news organizations. Sign up for an email subscription.