Editorials Reflect on Ruling Against Individual Mandate
"It was no great surprise that a federal district judge in Virginia, nominated by President George W. Bush, declared a provision of the health care reform law unconstitutional," a New York Times editorial states. Meanwhile, a San Francisco Chronicle editorial notes that the U.S. public "still has deep skepticism about the reforms ... and this ruling isn't likely to convince them." Headlines and links to other editorials on the recent ruling are provided below.
- "The Individual Mandate: It's Constitutional" (Los Angeles Times, 12/15).
- "The Latest Health Care Decision" (New York Times, 12/13).
- "Ruling on Health Reform Law is Unlikely To Stick" (Sacramento Bee, 12/15).
- "An Unsettling Second Opinion on Health Care" (San Francisco Chronicle, 12/14).
- "Health Care Reform Law Has Legal Precedents" (San Jose Mercury News, 12/14).
- "Court Sets Back Health Care Reform" (Ventura County Star, 12/14).