Forum Addresses Questions on Medicare Drug Benefit
PBS stations statewide on Sunday will begin airing a 30-minute television special, "Medicare Forum: Making Sense of Part D," produced by KQED Public Television and funded by the California HealthCare Foundation to address frequently asked questions about the benefit. Panelists addressed questions about:
- Benefits of enrollment;
- Penalties for late enrollment; and
- How to select the most appropriate plan.
- David Lipschutz, a lawyer with California Health Advocates;
- Bob Petty, program manager in Monterey for the Health Insurance Counseling and Advocacy Program; and
- Pam Power, HICAP specialist at the California Department of Aging (Iverson, "Medicare Forum: Making Sense of Part D," KQED, 4/2).
KQED show times, links to related resources, and video of the complete program in RealPlayer are available online. This is part of the California Healthline Daily Edition, a summary of health policy coverage from major news organizations. Sign up for an email subscription.