Health Facilities in Northern Calif. Praised for LGBT Policies
Several Northern California health care facilities were among the 71 health care institutions nationwide that were praised in a recent Human Rights Campaign Foundation report for adopting policies that prohibit discrimination against bisexual, gay, lesbian and transgender patients and employees. The Northern California institutions include:
- California Pacific Medical Center;
- Lyon-Martin Health Services in San Francisco;
- San Francisco General Hospital;
- Several Kaiser Permanente facilities;Â
- Sutter Maternity & Surgery Center in Santa Cruz;
- UC-Davis Medical Center; and
- UCSF Medical Center.
- "Kaiser, S.F. General, Sutter, UCSF and Other NorCal Health Centers Lauded for LGBT Equality" (Rauber, San Francisco Business Times, 6/19).