HMO PREMIUMS: MCOL Announces CD-ROM Rate Database
Managed Care On Line (MCOL) has announced the release of "CA HMO Rates 99," a suite of HMO rate data, with plan-specific data available on CD-ROM. "CA HMO Rates 99 provides essential rate intelligence in one easy-to-use suite, with data files that can be customized into internal databases and spreadsheets," said MCOL President Clive Riddle. The package includes:
- A group premium rate survey based on average premium rates by tier, benefit level and group size for most counties;
- A premium per member, per month database outlining revenue over recent years for most plans;
- A purchasing pool premium database with current rates by plan for Health Insurance Plan of California (HIPC), California Public Employees Retirement System (CalPERS) and Federal Employees Health Benefits Plan (FEHBP) purchasing pools;
- A Medicare HMO premium database including current adjusted average per capita cost (AAPCC) rate tables by county, along with current premium and benefit information by plan;
- An HMO e-mail directory providing contact information for all California health plans and updated benefit information.