House Passes ‘Keep Your Health Plan’ Legislation
On Friday, the House voted 261-157 to approve a bill (HR 3350) that would to allow U.S. residents to keep their existing health plans, even if the plans do not meet the Affordable Care Act's minimum coverage requirements. A Democratic Senate aide said the upper chamber is not expected to take up the bill, while the White House has announced that President Obama would veto it.
- "House Passes Republican Bill To Let Insurers Offer Old Health Plans" (Cornwell, Reuters, 11/15).
- "House Approves Plan To Let Some Keep Their Health Plans" (O'Keefe/Somashekhar, Washington Post, 11/15).
- "House Approves Bill That Allows Policy Renewals" (Parker/Pear, New York Times, 11/15).
- "House Passes Bill To Reinstate Insurance Policies" (Hughes/Hook, Wall Street Journal, 11/15).
- "Senate Won't Bring Upton Fix to Floor" (Bolton, The Hill, 11/15).