Leapfrog Group Names 23 California Hospitals as Top Performers
Details of Ratings
The ratings were based on a survey of 1,324 hospitals (Craft, "Healthy Choices," Sacramento Bee, 12/3).
The "top hospital" designation was awarded to 90 facilities that had:
- Lower infection rates;
- Higher survival rates for high-risk procedures, such as heart bypass surgery;
- Shorter lengths of stay; and
- Fewer readmissions (Leapfrog Group release, 12/3).
Top Hospitals in Calif.
Nineteen Kaiser Permanente facilities were included in the list of top hospitals (Glover, Sacramento Bee, 12/3).
Other California facilities that were ranked as top hospitals include:
- Dignity Health Mercy Hospital of Folsom;
- Hoag Memorial Hospital Presbyterian;
- UC-Davis Medical Center; and
- UC-San Francisco Medical Center at Mount Zion.
The full list of top hospitals is available in a Leapfrog Group release (Leapfrog Group release, 12/3).This is part of the California Healthline Daily Edition, a summary of health policy coverage from major news organizations. Sign up for an email subscription.