Nine California Experts Among Most Influential Health Care Leaders
Details of List
The list was compiled from more than 15,000 nominations by Modern Healthcare readers from March 17 through April 18. The final ballot consisted of the 300 candidates who received the most nominations.
Readers then voted for their top five nominees, amounting to more than 31,000 ballots cast. Their votes counted for 50% of the outcome, while votes from senior editors at the publication counted toward the other 50% (Robertson, Sacramento Business Journal, 8/27).
California Health Experts on the List
The California health care professionals that made the 13th annual list include:
- Bernard Tyson, president and CEO of Oakland-Kaiser Permanente, who ranked second;
- Lloyd Dean, president and CEO of San Francisco-Dignity Health, who ranked 21st;
- RoseAnn DeMoro, executive director of the California Nurses Association, who ranked 41st;
- Chris Van Gorder, president and CEO of San Diego-based Scripps Health, who ranked 65th;
- Patrick Fry, president and CEO of Sacramento-based Sutter Health, who ranked 73rd;
- Drew Altman, president and CEO of the Menlo Park-based Kaiser Family Foundation, who ranked 76th;
- John Hammergren, president and CEO of San Francisco-based McKesson, who ranked 79th;
- Robert Wachter, chief of hospital medicine at UC-San Francisco Medical Center, who ranked 83rd; and
- Eric Topol, director of the Scripps Translational Science Institute in La Jolla, who ranked 94th (Modern Healthcare list, August 2014).