Report: Four Calif. Cities Among 10 Healthiest Metro Areas in U.S.
Details of Report
For the report, AFI analyzed publicly available data on 32 health indicators (McSpadden, Time, 5/19). For instance, the metrics included:
- Levels of physical activity; and
- Rate of population with unhealthy weight (AFI report, May 2015).
Washington, D.C., was rated the healthiest city, while Indianapolis ranked last.
Four California cities ranked in the top 10, including:
- San Diego, which ranked third;
- San Francisco, which ranked fourth;
- Sacramento, which ranked fifth; and
- San Jose, which ranked 10th (Time, 5/19).
Other California metropolitan areas in the report included:
- Los Angeles-Long Beach-Anaheim, which ranked 23rd; and
- Riverside-San Bernardino-Ontario, which ranked 34th (AFI report, May 2015).