Report Looks at Medical Mistakes, Hospital Infections
In its March edition of "Health Dialogues," KQED's "The California Report" looks at the prevalence of medical mistakes and patient infections at hospitals. According to state officials, thousands of California residents die annually from medical mistakes and infections that largely are preventable. Titles and links to each segment appear below.
- "Hospital-Acquired Infections: A First-Hand Account"
- "Patient Safety"
- "California Hospitals Adapt to Infection Rate Requirements"
- "Reduced Infection Rates at Riverside Medical Center"
- "What's a Consumer To Do?"
- "Patient Safety: A Hospital Advocate Perspective" (Varney et al., "The California Report," KQED, 3/17).