Scripps, Sutter Sacramento Region Make Top 15 Health System List
Two health care systems in California -- Scripps Health and Sutter Health Sacramento Sierra Region -- have been included in Truven Health Analytics' annual list of the top 15 health systems in the U.S., the Cincinnati Business Courier reports (Brunsman, Cincinnati Business Courier, 4/21).
Details of Rankings
For the analysis, Truven examined data on more than 300 health organizations on measures of:
- Patient perception of care; and
- Quality (Glover, Sacramento Bee, 4/22).
Hospitals chosen as the top 15 had:
- 2% fewer deaths than other comparably sized health systems;
- Lower 30-day mortality rates;
- 3% fewer patient complications;
- Shorter hospital stays; and
- 8% fewer adverse patient safety incidents than expected (Robertson, Sacramento Business Journal, 4/22).
Calif. Systems in Top 15
Scripps and Sutter's Sacramento Sierra Region were named in the top five large- and medium-sized health systems, respectively, in the country.
Scripps' member hospitals include:
- Scripps Green Hospital and Scripps Memorial Hospital in La Jolla;
- Scripps Memorial Hospital in Encinitas; and
- Scripps Mercy Hospital in San Diego (Truven study, 4/21).
The Sutter region's member hospitals include:
- Sutter Amador Hospital in Jackson;
- Sutter Auburn Faith Hospital;
- Sutter Davis Hospital;
- Sutter Medical Center in Sacramento;
- Sutter Roseville Medical Center; and
- Sutter Solano Medical Center (Sacramento Business Journal, 4/22).