Several California Facilities Among U.S. News’ ‘Best Hospitals’ List
Three California hospitals were ranked among the top 15 facilities in U.S. News & World Report's 26th edition of America's "Best Hospitals," the San Diego Union-Tribune reports (Sisson, San Diego Union-Tribune, 7/20).
Details of Rankings
For the list, U.S. News evaluated nearly 5,000 hospitals across 16 medical specialties and identified 137 hospital and health systems that earned high enough scores to be included in the rankings.
Hospitals that achieved high scores in six or more specialties were named to the "Honor Roll" list. Just 15 hospitals made this list.
Meanwhile, U.S. News also identified 520 of the "Best Regional Hospitals" (U.S. News & World Report release, 7/21).
California Hospitals on the List
Overall, 19 California facilities made the list of "Best Hospitals" ("Best Hospitals" list, July 2015). Three California hospitals were among the 15 facilities that made the "Honor Roll," including:
- UCLA Medical Center, which tied for third;
- UC-San Francisco Medical Center, which ranked eighth; and
- Stanford Health Care-Stanford Hospital, which ranked 15th (U.S. News & World Report release, 7/21).
Among the best regional hospitals in California, the top five facilities were:
- Stanford Health Care-Stanford Hospital;
- Cedars-Sinai Medical Center;
- UCSF Medical Center;
- UCLA Medical Center; and
- UC-San Diego Medical Center ("Best Regional Hospitals" list, July 2015).