Stimulus Funds Flow to California Health Facilities
This week, a number of health care facilities in California announced funding that they will receive as part of the federal economic stimulus package President Obama signed in February.Â The grants are intended to help facilities deal with increased demand for medical services from the uninsured.
- "Stimulus Money Begins Flowing Into Alameda County" (Artz, Fremont Argus, 4/2).
- "Recovery Act: $1.2 Million for Community Health Centers" (Monterey County Herald, 4/1).
- "San Mateo, Santa Cruz Community Health Centers Get $641,166 in Federal Money" (Bernstein-Wax, San Jose Mercury News, 4/1).
- "Medical Clinic Gets $1.2 Million From Stimulus" (Reiter, Merced Sun-Star, 3/31).
- "Stimulus Aids South Bay Clinic" (Evans, Torrance Daily Breeze, 3/30).