Study: Calif. Hospital Patients Costly to Medicare Program
Five out of the top 10 hospitals where patients cost Medicare the most money are located in California, according to a Kaiser Health News analysis of data published on the CMS Hospital Compare website. The five hospitals are:
- East Valley Hospital Medical Center, in Glendora;
- Hollywood Community Hospital;
- Los Angeles Community Hospital;
- Los Angeles Metropolitan Medical Center; and
- Silver Lake Medical Center, in Los Angeles.
- "Which Hospitals' Patients Cost Medicare the Most? A Top 10 List" (Rau, "Capsules," Kaiser Health News, 5/11).