Support Exceeds Opposition on California Health Initiatives
Support for Proposition 4 -- which would require a parent to be notified before a minor could undergo an abortion -- has declined from 49% in September to 45% in late October, but support among likely voters continues to surpass opposition, according to the most recent Field Poll.Â Support for Proposition 3, which would issue $980 million in state bonds for children's hospitals, also leads in the polls.
- "Poll Shows Race for Prop. 4, Parental Notification Before Abortion, Is Close" (Los Angeles Times, 11/1).
- "Field Poll: Support Falling for Prop. 1A on High-Speed Rail, Prop. 4 on parental Notification" (Parsavand/Begley, Riverside Press-Enterprise, 10/31).
- "Poll Tightens on Abortion Notification Measure, Prop. 4" (Rojas, Sacramento Bee, 11/1).
- "Parental Notification Measure's Lead Wanes" (Sweeney, San Diego Union-Tribune, 11/1).
- "Poll Finds High-Speed Rail Bond and Parental Notification Measure Losing Ground" (Garcia, San Jose Mercury News, 11/1).