Survey: UC System Ranked Best Medical Research Institute in 2013
Details of Survey
School system rankings were based on:
- NIH awards and grants;
- Research funding;
- The number of startups; and
- Total license or options agreements (Astor, Rochester Business Journal, 11/11).
According to the survey, UC's campuses in 2013:
- Executed 236 license or options agreements;
- Received more than $97 million in gross licensing revenue;
- Created 55 startups -- 18 more than in 2012;
- Were awarded 4,239 NIH awards; and
- Received more than $1.7 million in funding from NIH.
The remaining top 10 schools in order were:
- The University of Washington/Washington Research Foundation;
- Columbia University;
- The University of Minnesota;
- New York University;
- Wake Forest University;
- Northwestern University;
- The University of Rochester;
- The University of Massachusetts; and
- Princeton University (Nature Biotechnology, October 2014).