The Week Ahead
The California Managed Risk Medical Insurance Board will meet in Sacramento.
The Assembly Aging and Long-Term Care Committee will consider bills, including:
- SB 977, which would require the state Commission on Aging to review the infrastructure needs of California seniors; and
- SB 1268, which would create a religious exemption from the nursing home administrators' licensing examination.
The Assembly Health Committee is scheduled to discuss:
- SB 697, which would prohibit health care providers from seeking payments directly from patients enrolled in Healthy Families or the Access for Infants and Mothers Program; and
- SB 1553, which would require health insurers to create Web sites to make information more accessible.
The Senate Health Committee is expected to meet and discuss:
- AB 1057, which would authorize health plans to provide health coverage for employees and management personnel in a Santa Clara County pilot program; and
- AB 2549, which would prohibit health insurers from rescinding policies after six months of coverage.