The Week Ahead
The Assembly Health Committee is scheduled to discuss:
- AB 2120 to extend a Medi-Cal telemedicine program through 2013;
- AB 2146, which bars health care providers from billing individuals or insurers for adverse events or ensuing follow-up care; and
- AB 2527 to allow local agencies to provide Medi-Cal targeted case management services.
The Senate Health Committee's weekly meeting will discuss:
- SB 1459 to create a new program to coordinate Healthy Families and Medi-Cal; and
- SB 1721, which requires direct care nurses to undergo a special orientation session before they begin work.
The meeting of the Office of Statewide Health Planning and Development Advisory Loan Insurance Committee has been canceled.This is part of the California Healthline Daily Edition, a summary of health policy coverage from major news organizations. Sign up for an email subscription.