The Week Ahead
The Senate Appropriations Committee will meet to discuss a number of bills, including health-related legislation such as:
- SB 1058, which aims to improving screening for infections in hospitals;
- SB 1332, to create a Medi-Cal managed care pilot program; and
- SB 1440, which would require health plans to spend at least 85% of premiums on medical services.
At its weekly meeting on Tuesday, the Senate Judiciary Committee is slated to discuss legislation including:
- SB 1096, which would provide for circumstances under which a pharmacy could send information to patients; and
- SB 1415, which establishes rules for creating and destroying medical records.