The Week Ahead
The Senate Appropriations Committee will consider:
- AB 554 by Assembly member Edward Hernandez (D-West Covina) to authorize CalPERS to let employers invest in a CalPERS fund to help cover the cost of future health care and other retiree benefits;
- AB 1429 by Assembly member Noreen Evans (D-Santa Rosa) to include a human papillomavirus vaccination as part of a health plans' coverage for a cervical cancer screening test; and
- AB 1749 by the Assembly Health Committee to permit the Department of Public Health to appoint a temporary manager to operate a general acute care hospital in an underserved community.
The Assembly Human Services Committee will consider legislation (SB 489) by Sen. Darrell Steinberg(D-Sacramento) to impose new steps in the closure of a continuing care retirement community facility.
The Senate Health Committee will consider:
- AB 1 by Assembly member John Laird (D-Santa Cruz) to expand eligibility for Medi-Cal and Healthy Families; and
- AB 8 by Assembly Speaker Fabian Núñez (D-Los Angeles) to expand health care coverage in California. The bill is legislative Democrats' proposal for health care reform.