Two California Health Systems Rank Among Best IT Workplaces
Nationwide, 375 organizations were nominated for the list.
To qualify, U.S.-based companies had to have at least 50 information technology workers.
The magazine surveyed the nominees to determine:
- Average salary and bonus increases;
- Diversity in management positions;
- Percentage of IT workers promoted;
- Training opportunities;
- Turnover rates among IT staff; and
- Various other factors.
Computerworld then surveyed a random sample of IT workers at the organizations on various topics, such as satisfaction with training opportunities and work-life balance.
California Health Systems
The two California health systems that were selected for the list are:
- Cedars-Sinai Health System, which ranked 13th overall; and
- Kaiser Permanente, which ranked 18th overall (Computerworld, 6/18).