Union Reaches Tentative Deal With Nine Tenet Hospitals in California
The Service Employees International Union-United Healthcare Workers West recently announced that it has reached a tentative agreement on a three-year contract with Tenet Healthcare, the San Francisco Business Times reports.
SEIU-UHW represents about 3,000 certified nurse assistants, emergency department technicians, respiratory therapists and other workers at nine Tenet hospitals in California. The nine hospitals are:
- Desert Regional Medical Center in Palm Springs;
- Doctors Hospital of Manteca;
- Doctors Medical Center of Modesto;
- JFK Memorial Hospital in Indio;
- Lakewood Regional Medical Center;
- Los Alamitos Medical Center;
- San Ramon Regional Medical Center;
- Sierra Vista Regional Medical Center in San Luis Obispo; and
- Twin Cities Community Hospital in Templeton.
The tentative agreement would:
- Increase workers' wages by between 6% and 18% over the three-year term of the contract;
- Maintain employer-paid health benefits for workers and their families; and
- Prevent the hospitals from subcontracting for workers.
SEIU-UHW members are scheduled to vote on the proposed contract during the week of June 6, according to the union (Rauber, San Francisco Business Times, 5/26).This is part of the California Healthline Daily Edition, a summary of health policy coverage from major news organizations. Sign up for an email subscription.