Voters Mull Ballot Measure To Fund Children’s Hospitals
On Nov. 4, California residents will vote on Proposition 3, a ballot initiative that would authorize $980 million in state bonds for the construction and remodeling of children's hospitals. An editorial urges voters to reject the measure, arguing that the state cannot afford any more bond debt.
- "State Prop. 3 Would Fund Children's Hospitals" (Fernandez, San Francisco Chronicle, 9/22).
- "Children's Hospitals Seek More Bond Money With Prop. 3" (Wiegand, Sacramento Bee, 9/21).
- "2008 Ballot Watch: Children's Hospital Bond Act" (Sacramento Bee, 9/20).
- "State Can't Afford To Keep Piling Up Bond Debt" (San Diego Union-Tribune, 9/20).
- "California's Propositions" (Greene, Los Angeles Times, 9/21).