Latest Daily Edition Stories
The new payment system, finalized on Jan. 1, is based on commercial rates paid by health insurers for similar medical services in the same geographic area, adjusted for inflation.
Scientists are worried that if the shutdown continues for too long, money for their projects could be impeded. However, many health programs are insulated from the battle because Congress had passed funding for certain agencies earlier in the year.
Among other things, the Medicare program itself looks a lot different — and more privately operated — than it did when Democrats first started advocating for a “Medicare for All” system. As the 2020 jockeying among Democrats commences, what exactly does that sweeping idea mean for its proponents?
The report’s authors expect the closure of Alta Bates, which is scheduled to happen before 2030, to prompt some people to temporarily forgo treatment because of the extra travel time to other hospitals.
“These are the appointments of a governor who is serious about doing something big on health care,” said Anthony Wright, executive director of Health Access California. “You have folks who have engaged the issue very seriously and have the scars to prove it.”
GSK will hold a 68 percent stake and Pfizer the remaining 32 percent of the new joint venture, which will be the world’s largest over-the-counter medicines business. The move will represent a breakup of GSK, which currently generates around a quarter of its revenue from such consumer products, according to The Wall Street Journal.
“The union’s announcement does not accurately state the facts,” according to Kaiser, which added that the determination by the National Labor Relations Board is not a “verdict.”
“What they say is, ‘It’s $3 grand a week now,’ ” said attorney Greg Johnson of the Camarillo nursing home. “‘What do you want to do?’ ”
The contractor, Sonja Emery, was indicted in April in Michigan’s Eastern District Court on 11 felony counts of mail fraud, wire fraud, engaging in a corrupt endeavor to obstruct the IRS and tax evasion. The health plan is offering free credit monitoring and identity theft services to members whose information was accessed.
The emergency room of Ventura’s new Community Memorial Hospital has 37 rooms, compared with 17 in the old facility, the intensive-care and labor-and-delivery units have been expanded, and the third floor is dedicated to maternal child health and includes an eight-bed pediatric unit.